Sunday, November 24, 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog November Hop



Welcome to the November Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop!


If you came from Jemma's blog Just Jim-Jams. If you just stumbled upon the hop, I'd like to invite you to go back to CKCB, so you can see all the ladies' contributions.  

It’s November, so I’m sure you’ve been seeing people all around you making declarations of what they’re thankful for.  I’ve made no secret about the fact that this has been a difficult year for me. Between health issues, trying to graduate, and trying to figure out where I’m going with my life, I’ve been exhausted, confused, or both pretty much all of the time.  Even though I’ve spent a lot of the year feeling sorry for myself, that’s not really who I am, so I decided to take the month of November to re-discover, re-center, and rejuvenate myself.  Being a papercrafter, it was only natural to document the whole journey in a 30 days of thankfulness mini book. 

At the same time that I decided to embark on this project, I received an invitation to join a Facebook group hosted by Lain Ehmann called 30 Days to Fly.  The general premise of the group is to gather a community of people who want to make some kind of change in their lives and give them a series of prompts everyday to hasten them along that journey.  I loved the idea that I could use the community as an accountability partner to make sure I really followed up on completing the project. 

As if that wasn’t coincidence enough ,  a couple days in, I see the blog hop challenge for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is a "So Thankful mini book." I began to believe that perhaps God really did want me to get this done.  I’ve been participating with CKCB for 5 months now, and after participating in the Hop last month, I really wanted to keep doing it.  The fact that it wasn’t any more work than I already committed myself to was just bonus.


I shared the bare book at the beginning of the month, but here’s the cover once I embellished it with my November Kit.

I’ve really been enjoying the prompts from 30 Days to Fly, but I’ve also skipped a few of those prompts to work on things that were more applicable to me.



My favorite page is from Day 7.  I used the art papers I made with my gelli plate to die cut shapes and embellish the page.  It’s very much outside of my normal style but I also enjoyed it a lot.



The most fun prompt so far has been “pretend.”  The idea being that sometimes you just have to put on a front of confidence and push through your doubts in order to get through a difficult spot.  The paper on that page of the book reminded me of a grid of streets.  I imagined one of them being the path I’m on or who I am, and it intersects the path (or person) I want to be.  The page is very simple, but it says a lot to me.



Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’ve been inspired at this stop in the hop, and I encourage you to take the challenge to go on your own journey to find yourself every once in a while.  

Your next stop on the hop is Dawn's Scrapbook Cottage. Don't forget to leave me a comment before you go to let me know you were here!

Here is the order of the hop participants in case you get lost along the way. CKCB  http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment